Wednesday 9 April 2008

Design Boom!




I can’t say I have one very favorite site, but amongst the tons of game-sites, technology blogs, design blogs, and of course video based web pages like You Tube or Meta Café, where I pent a lot of time playing online games or watching funny videos, there’s a very special one that helps me keep in touch with design trends around the world. I’m talking about DesignBoom (www.designboom.com). I met this site when a teacher recommended it to us. When entered for the first time I immediately like it. This site it’s a kind of blog about design and architecture news, they show vanguard projects from everywhere, also some really important events like the Milan Design week. This is very useful sometimes to take some ideas of or simply to read some interesting articles.
In this site you can also find famous designers’ interviews and design competitions being realized in USA or in Japan with very creative solutions.
Also it has some history of common objects and their evolution over time.
I use to visit this page at least twice a week.
PS. When I’m really bored I visit
www.porlaputa.com to watch some funny and stupid videos :).

1 comment:

nacho said...

i know that web site too, they send me mails all the time with the world's most innovative designs and tendencies, but it is too much about fashion, or "styling".I prefer industrial design sites.