Wednesday 2 July 2008

OH MY BLOG!

Even though I was familiar with blogs and i used to read many of them i actually never tried to make my own one. Nowadays almost the whole Internet is based on the blog structure where one can publish content in a very easy way, without having to redesign the whole website again so it was good to start my own blog so I can learn about the blogging experience. The nice thing about blogging is visiting others people blogs. It can be found a lot of different opinions and points of view in about almost everything you wan to read of. I use blogs to read about technology news and often about design and designers around the world and is a fast way to know what’s happening in other places, things that you never see on the local media.
About my blogs, it was helpful to write in English again, since i haven’t used English since I finished school and there aren’t many English native speakers to talk with. So my only English exercise was watching movies.

It helped me to remember a lot of words and expressions that I already knew but I completely forgot because of the lack of practice and now that I come to the class I notice a little improvement in my English. Now when I’m watching a TV show I change the language to English and I can understand much more than when I started the year. It showed me how a little practice can be so useful.
The blogging part of the class also helps to relax and read new things outside the FAU and forget about models, blueprints and things that usually overwhelm us. The only thing that I miss is to know if our writing was good or not, just to know what things can we improve or what are we failing at.

No comments: